Sunday, October 25, 2009



PROPHECY of the SISTERS

By: Michelle Zink


I rate this book: 9/10
Writing: 9/10
Characters: 10/10

"Without the Keys, something terrible will happen.
Something that cannot be undone.
And with them, I might bring an end to the riddle of the Prophecy and my strange part in it.
If Alice and I are on conflicting sides of the Prophecy, the Keys would be dangerous in her hands."

"Which means I have to find them.

And I have to do it before my sister."

With the untimely death of her father, Lia Milthorpe is left devastated and alone. In just hours after her father's death, Lia developed an odd mark on her arm. But little did she know that the mark signified an ancient Prophecy that had been inherited from mother to daughters for ages and ages past, and now it comes to her and her sister. This Prophecy would not only undermine her relationship with her twin sister Alice, but also change her life forever. As Lia begins to understand the Prophecy and her part in it, she also realizes that Alice and her are on conflicting sides of it. Lia must go through a turbulence of events in order to stop her sister, and to save man kind from an enemy that not all can see.

This book is like diving into another world and never coming back because you may never want to... Prophecy of the Sisters is complete with mystery, wisdom, and even a little romance. It is dark but light and always keeps you on edge. This book will thoroughly transport you to the Gothic times, and will vividly portray it. In so many ways I find glimmers of reality and the human condition in the Prophecy of the Sisters. This is a book I may never get enough of and I can't wait for the sequel. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes history, myths, and mystery fiction.

- Faith Kristine

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and became a follower. Great review! Good luck with getting your site up and running!

    Natalie @ Mindful Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Faith! Thanks so much for the great review! I linked to it on Twitter and will do so in my next blog post as well!
    <3

    ReplyDelete